Monday, February 8, 2010

Are you a nuisance or a service?

I recently received my latest issue of FORBES magazine and as usual, it had those darn loose renewal notices in it. Just I was about to get upset for the fourth time, due to them falling out, I found one that had an interesting explanation for their purpose!  It read "All magazines insert loose subscription cards and all of us periodically receive angry complaints from readers. We suggest to those complaining that they think of such cards not as nuisances but as bookmarks-a thoughtful service, if you will, for subscribers. Who gets annoyed with a bookmark?"--Malcolm Forbes (1983)   

Well, having been put in a position to think about it, I felt a strong presence of the Spirit and it came to me!  What if I applied this principle to my witness efforts. I talk to many people about the Lord during the week and true enough some of them do seem annoyed with my ministry. Should I leave them alone? OR should I "bookmark" that encounter for the next time I approach this person? I could pick up where I left off and continue my witness. Over time I believe the Spirit will convict them and my ministry will be productive and pleasing to our Father.

As the body of Christ, we as Christians, should be spreading the gospel, however, we have been told by the word that we will meet with persecution and through HIS power can prevail!

John 3: 11-21,28-36

I would offer this "tool" for you that bear witness for the Lord our Father. Implement it and share your testimony with us.

Thank You for reading our post today, GOD BLESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment